Sunday, December 21, 2008

GO Panthers! (Oh and I'm doing pretty well too!)

So its Sunday Morning, day 10. I am doing pretty well these days. I had my first follow up with the surgeons on Friday. They said that I looked very good. After talking with people and following a forum of a group that all had their surgery within the same week I did, I am doing pretty well! The Docs gave me tight rubber bands to bring my lower jaw into the final position, which was a little farther forward than where it was sitting. I have to head back up to see them again on Wednesday, yes Christmas Eve! I will prob be in the tighter rubber bands for several weeks, their goal is to get my jaw used to being in the new position.

I have been out running errands, stopped by work for a couple hours, cleaned my house, done some Christmas Shopping, watched alot of TV and movies and last night I even headed over to the city for a party a couple friends were having! I was only there for about 2 hours and then I headed out, but I did end up talking way too much! Although I was in more pain when I got home and was looking at ski and weather reports! There is snow EVERYWHERE!!! I even had a friend that went to Tahoe yesterday...

So here are some pics, I will post a couple later today after I get cleaned up to show the "profile" shots, you will see the swelling is almost gone, I really think they just Botoxed me while I was out! If I could talk normal people wouldnt even know that I had surgery, they would just think I had chubby cheeks! Speaking of that, yes, I am eating alot, my shake this morning for breakfast was at least 1000 calories...but I've def lost some weight! If anybody has any suggestions on something super flavorful to eat "blenderized" that also has tons of calories than let me know! And dont recommend a McD's hamburger...I've tried blending one of those...less than desirable!
So this is what the plates actually look like on my upper jaw...this was a pic they took during surgery, I promise!

Look Ma, I can open my mouth really wide!

1 comment:

  1. Well obviously you weren't screaming loud enough for the Panthers... :) Glad to see that you are getting better, quicker.

    ReplyDelete