Sunday, December 28, 2008

Real Food and a good Christmas!

So the last posting I was telling you about how I was carefully chopping up a burrito and shoving it in, well I moved up from there! It started with a chicken casserole, and a breakfast casserole Christmas morn, and culminated with a prime rib and twice baked potato Christmas Dinner!!!! I even went out to Mexican and Chick-Fil-A over the last couple of days!

I am almost talking normal...only sound slurry and drunk about half the time! The food I eat is chopped really small and has to be soft, it goes straight down the pipe how it goes in! Chips and salsa, crispy fries and toast are all out right now; rice, chicken and just about ANY other soft food. The more flavor the better...only prob is that it is just SOOOO slow going!

I still have some bands on, but they are loose enough to talk and shove food in. I can only open my mouth about 1/3 or maybe halfway, slowly trying to get it bigger. I can also feel a little more through my mouth and nose, but not my chin yet! I have another appointment the week after New Years so we'll see what they say!

I had an awesome Christmas, stayed with the Flynn's. Its a family I met through running of all things, and they were nothing but fun and more than welcoming! So even though I was in CA, I still had a family for Christmas! I'm going to see them all on New Years Day too! I also went snow shoeing on Saturday, figure its not much different than walking, except for I actually got to play in the snow! I go back to work in the morning (Monday), so had to shave tonight, thankfully I still cant feel my chin so I couldn't feel the skin ripping under my razor!

Ok, here are some recent pictures! The one that is REALLY cool I'm NOT going to post. I have a SURGERY PICTURE if anybody would like to see it, as a warning though, its not for the faint of heart!!! Send me an email or leave me a comment and I'll send it to you!The Flynn Family plus one on Christmas Eve! Only one missing from this picture is Dixon, hes taking it!Here is another one of my infamous self portraits, from snow shoeing on Saturday. Notice the beard (scraggly as can be!), well no more! I guess I have to be in the military sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment