Monday, December 15, 2008

Just another day...

So yesterday I had mashed taters, and it gave me some hope...the thing that was the hardest for me was taking pills. I'm taking 4-6 meds at a time, everything from pain killers (the good stuff), motrin, sudafed and of course my antibiotic. Well from the start, they had been crushing it and mixing it with some sort of liquid. Even when I was still in the hospital, the nurses were appoligizing (I think they really just felt sorry for how horrible I looked...) becasue they tasted so bad. Once home, I started mixing it with better and better tasting things, but still you couldnt drown out that horrible flavor. So last night, I gave it a shot...started with a little sudafed, popped it in as a whole pill and used my syringe to push it back in my mouth and wash it down! Now I'm even up to full 800mg Motrin! You can ask Ken and El, I HATED taking those pills, but now, hey, I'm fixin to go take another motrin!

The other thing is that I got a humidfier last night. We needed new movies (already finished 10 episodes of House) and I was tired of sitting in the house, so Ken volunteered to drive my busted face around and we went to blockbuster and walgreens! A humidifier makes the difference, I was able to breath all night! Ok, here are todays pics...not much different looking than yesterday!

Notice the little black spec on my cheek? That is the ONLY outside mark that they had to do!

1 comment:

  1. Are you wearing a robe too? They must be getting quite the show. I can tell your pain meds were kicking in for some of these posts. Well done! Hope you heal quickly - and don't turn out like David Hasselhoff. yikes.

    ReplyDelete